Buy Envirochamber – One-piece moulded Manhole Chamber Sections for use by Utility Companies and the Building Industry Online
The 100% recycled and long lasting Envirochamber has had fantastic success in the utilities markets within the past four decades. On account of the expertise of our directors from the accessibility chamber markets, it was evident the product range was appropriate for numerous other applications in which a “hole” in the ground is demanded.
- Strong and robust – Envirochamber doesn’t break. The components are made from a recycled material that’s more durable than concrete and analyzed to D400kN unsupported. There is no danger of breakage from the logistic and stocking process.
- Lightweight and durable – The units are considerably lighter than the concrete equivalents. They may be set up manually and in the vast majority of instances with one-man manual elevator.
- Speed of installation – The product is quicker and easier to install with the Significant benefit That roads can be re-opened much faster, so reducing costs.
- Guaranteed – PDS are so confident of Envirochamber’s ability to provide A strong, robust and lasting access Solution that we provide a guarantee Against breakage – before, during and after installation.
- Save Money – The product is quicker and easier to install with the significant benefit that roads can be re-opened much faster, so reducing costs.
- Durable – Envirochamber is resistant to all forms of effluents including road salts, petrol and diesel. Recycled plastic takes up to 1OOO years to degrade.
- One Piece Design – A solid piece of kit with no screws or joints that might easily break. This ensures that any load is distributed evenly.
- Accredited and approved – Envirochamber is tested to D400kn – EN124 unsupported. Chambers comply to BS5834 part 2 2011 (Surface boxes. guards and underground chambers for the purposes of utilities). Covers comply to BS 5834 – Part 2 2011 and to ENBS 14598 – 3 – 3 2005 (material selection). HA 1 04/11 has also been taken into account during the design and testing of the products. Achilles approval. PDS has ISO 9001 certification. PDS has ISO 14001 environmental management systems. Approval from most major water authorities. Number 1 supplier to the water authorities in the UK.
Our assortment of manhole chambers are made from 100% recycled plastic substance normally destined for landfill and share the multiple advantages common to all the products within our Enviro-Range.
Utilising Envirochambers can help meet the requirements of Health and Safety Requirements, Project Efficiency and Component Quality and is the perfect solution for manhole chambers and composite manhole covers for Fire Hydrants, SV Valves and Sewage / filthy water chamber.
Advantages when using Envirochamber products over traditional products
Lighter, Stronger, Safer, Easier to manage and also to Install, difficult to break during installation or transportation and environmentally greener than their plastic alternatives.
Innovative layout and quicker installation
The interior clear openings for the typical assortment of chamber sections come in sizes common across the Water and Building Industries, and are available in a selection of depths some of which aren’t available on chambers made from traditional materials like concrete due to weight or manufacturing issues. The chamber sections for all sizes have a built in interlocking system that gives a secure and robust assembly.
The segments taper from the top face to the bottom to assist sealing of the finished chamber. Also due to the interlocking system along with the light weight the Envirochamber design sections can be assembled quickly and accurately. Silicon Sealant is also applied between the sections to block the ingress of contaminated water to the finished chamber. In the event of the Hydrant and SV ranges separate base units are available and can be supplied either as a 1 piece unit or a two piece unit for retro fitting round pre-installed pipes or valves. These base sections have raised bits to locate securely to the under side of the chamber sections to hold the chambers securely whilst they are being constructed around the valve or pipe work and to restrict any movement of the assembly because of backfilling or concreting when completing the chamber. All chamber pieces, Hydrant – SV and Large, have a goal made, built in location system on the top section to easily find and fit the Cast Iron Cover and also to stop it slipping, sliding or moving when the contractors finish the manhole chamber. The Hydrant chamber section may be used to repair existing damaged concrete chambers with specific component parts required. In addition to the locating ribs the assortment of Larger Envirochambers have purpose made hand holds to assist in the manhandling from the pallet or transport and to speed up the installation of the room.
This range of large chamber is available in three inner opening sizes and in most cases two depths.
Specialised Product Range
The Enviro Range includes Fire Hydrant Chambers Sections and SV chambers with a range of compatible bases. PDS produce a Closing System with a Base, Shaft Pipe and Top Hat profile, which permits a chamber to be closed under ground level (Kettler Spindles) but allows access from the surface in the event of repairs.
SV chambers and their bases are available as an alternative to heavy concrete sections from the setup of Sluice / Stop Valves.
PDS have manufactured a selection of units to fulfill the industry need for Larger Chamber Sections and offer a size range from 600 mm x 450 mm thro to 900 mm x 600 mm clear openings. All are made with purpose made hand holds and built in location system. A further benefit built into the design of the larger chambers is a wider shoulder bearing area which provides complete support for the new layout of manhole covers like the Opt-Emax or similar that have large flange regions at the corners.
The Envirochamber manhole sections are made entirely from recycled materials that would have ended up in landfill site within the UK or abroad this has helped to reduce the carbon footprint of not just PDS but also the producer of the waste plastic, transportation companies and you the last user of Envirochambers.
Traditional manhole chamber sections manufactured in materials such as concrete rely heavily on fossil fuels to make the raw materials this gives high carbon footprint.
The lighter Envirochamber reduces the amount of transport necessary to move the identical number of products in concrete (more on a wagon) from the production site to the client.
At the close of the Envirochambers useful life unlike products made from traditional materials they can be recycled and the material reused no matter how long its been in use above or below ground.
Envirochambers are all tested and certified in an unsupported state to BS 5834-4 1989 and to EN 124 D400 loading.
Envirochamber manhole sections are created so that the unit weight is far less than those made from traditional materials like concrete and will normally fall within the H&S guidelines for a 1 man installation.
This reduces the installation time and cost and can help meet the Health and Safety requirements on RSI.