Buy a Composite 3.5 Tonne Block Paving Manhole Cover From EasyMerchant
3.5 Tonne Recessed Composite Covers and PP Frames.
There are many long-established products in the manhole cover industry, but a new option in new materials for manhole covers has taken advantage of the advances in technology to provide an outstanding selection of reinforced fibre resin composite access covers.
The traditional materials used in the construction of manhole covers have included galvanised steel, lightweight cast and ductile iron. However, the introduction of the new reinforced fibre resin options has provided an array of advantages.
- They provide the same level of strength as the previously used materials and similar industry products.
- The new composite material offers a far longer lifespan than their older counterparts, in some cases, take galvanised steel, for example, it doubles its 25 year lifespan to 50 years.
- Modern manufacturing processes means that they’re produced to a much higher standard than previous products of the same operation.
- The modern design allows for advanced features, widely welcomed by both contractors and builder’s merchants alike.
The new composite materials have been seen as an expensive alternative to the traditional material options until recently. However, the work undertaken by the leading manufacturers to develop the products using the new materials have arrived at a price point where they can realistically challenge the existing market.
That’s great news for suppliers and fitters, bringing a far superior product to the industry at a very competitive price.
As well as being utilised in bridge building, athletic goods and aerospace products, this lightweight and exceptionally durable material is ideally suited to all manner of manhole and access covers including these recessed manhole options. Our recessed manhole option is perfect for a variety of filling materials, including concrete, block paving and more. In fact, its square shape make it the ideal block paving partner.
As always, we guarantee that they conform to every modern safety standard, including:
- Non-slip areas around the keyholes
- Heel protectors fitted on the cover at the lifting points
Additional features which make these recessed manhole covers the ideal choice include:
- Four screws for increased security.
- All recessed mahhole covers are fitted with rubber seals to prevent the egress of noxious odours from below.
- Brass inserts in the frames, to provide additional corrosion protection, offering an enhanced finish and also for the ease of removing the locking screws.
- Lifting keys where required. We also provide direct to site deliveries to make life easier for all concerned.
- They are childproof and can be locked down to deny unauthorised access.
- Lloyds British have exhaustively tested products made of this material.
- All products are fire resistant, providing increased strength and durability.
- Health conscious – made from inert resin materials, this helps to keep bacteria at bay, making them ideal for use in hospitals.
- Conforms to all the latest Health & Safety Regulations.
- All products in the range come with a no-nonsense guarantee.
- Ease of lifting – A combination of reduced weight and new design features means that these covers are easier to install and safer to handle. As a result, contractors can have total confidence in all matters relating to health and safety.
- Base Size: 420mm x 420mm, 550mm x 550mm, 720mm x 720mm