Order a Soakaway Crate Set (1.5 Cubic Metre) Here at EasyMerchant
This set is comprised of:
- 12x Geocell Soakaway Crates (40 Tonne Load Capacity)
- 1x Waterproof Textile Jointing Tape (50m Roll)
- 1x 4.5m x 4m Geotextile (100gsm)
That’s enough crates, geotextile and tape for a 1.5m3 soakaway.
Dimension (Per Crate): 690 (L) x 410 (W) x 450 (D)
Load Rating: 40 Tonne
Void Ratio: 95%
Single Crate Weight: 9.17kg
● 100% Closed tank
● 12 years expertise as market leader
● Quick installation – reduce site access delays
● Increased land use – tanks are sub surface
● Cheap – normally more cost efficient than any other equivalent sealed tank
● Cost efficient – reduced prices for excavation and disposal of material
● Modular – simple to create any shape
● Strong – designed to support shear loading
● Lightweight – no cranes demanded
The soakaway crate attenuation tank is constructed using matrix module cubes. These cubes can take loads up to 40 tonnes/m2. The emptiness ratio of Each block is 95%. The tank is sealed with a layer of membrane, which may be completely welded to create a 100% seal.
All pipe penetrations must be completely sealed into the geotextile membrane. From backfilling a layer of heavy duty protection geotextile which shields the membrane, to reduce damage. A variety of air vents/flushing points are subsequently placed in the roof of the tank. These are one of the best made soakaway crates in UK, the system has been tried and tested for over 15 years.
How the Soakaway Crate Set Works:
Water passes through the tank and exits through the outlet manhole, which comprises an AquaBrake flow controller device. Because of water going into the tank at a higher rate than it might leave, the void space fills with water. The Inlet/Outlet pipe will function as a flushing channel. This pipe has been wrapped entirely in High Flow Filtering Geotextile, which prevents silt.
Since the tank continues to drain at a fast pace, air re-enters the tank through the air vent system. The roofing of the tank has to be lower compared to the trap onsite. It’s vital that the underground tanks are sealed so that soil and silt particles won’t enter the void space and reduce the capacity. Preferably, the bottom of the tank must be 500mm above the ground water level. Otherwise flooring water relief measures have to be put into position.
* Modules tested using UKAS calibrated test machine, range 0 – 60 Tons, UDL, loading rate 0.2 kN/m2
** Modules tested for long term creep testing for 90 days and new on-going test.
# Any cover less than 450 mm – contact us