Buy Black Twinwall Ducting Couplers at Low Prices!
Ducting is manufactured to BBA and BS EN1386 as required by the Highways Agency.
BBA Certified Rigid Duct.
Allows the installer to easily join any two lengths of twin wall ducting of the same dimensions. A sealing ring can be added if a water tight seal is required. Can be used with any twin wall duct pipe, including twin wall electrical ducting, fibre optic ducting, gas pipe ducting, motorway comms ducting, orange ducting and water pipe ducting.
When joining two twin wall duct pipes together a seal is not usually needed, so simply using the coupler to marry the two pipes together is often enough. However sometimes a water tight seal is required, and in the case the following instructions should be adhered to:
How to join two twin wall duct pipes to create a water tight seal:
- Always ensure that the underground twinwall ducting pipe end is free of dirt, grit, soil etc..
- Remove any damaged end segments of the pipe.
- Put the seal within the 3rd valley of the twinwall corrugated pipe. (2nd valley for 160/137 and 178/150mm pipe)
- Ensure both pipe ends are raised off the ground before lubricating to ensure no grit or dirt is picked up when lubricant is applied.
- To help put the seal at the valley lubricate valley prior to fitting.
- Push the coupler onto the pipe with seal, ensuring that the pipe end is flush with the central stop positioned within the middle of the coupler.
- Place the next pipe inside the coupler and push the pipe with seal into the coupler.
- Air evaluation — Test inline with current Highway specifications, ensuring that the proper test equipment is used (4″’U’ Gauge)
- Installation — Follow all current Highway specifications, ensuring the correct bedding material is used.
- Pipes which require cutting to size, should be trimmed using a class toothed saw. Cuts should be made in the valley section of the pipe and should be square to the axis of the pipe. Before jointing, ensure the pipe ends are free of sharp edges, swarf, grit and handling damage.