Buy a Water Butt Tap Here! (Spare Part)
Rainwater water butts offer far more benefits than considering just their potential savings on metered water bills. Collecting rainwater for our houses provides many benefits. Investing in a water butt is about reducing our mains water use thereby benefiting the environment. Predictions also suggest that periods of water deficit may also be on the increase. The majority of daily water consumption is within the home but during dry periods in Spring and Summer which changes start watering their gardens using a hosepipe and washing cars, garden patios and furniture.
Benefits of using a Water Butt:
- Rainwater has no minerals or compounds added to it so It’s much’kinder’ to plants than tap water
- Lowers the requirements on mains water supplies
- If you are on a water meter, collecting rainwater can reduce your monthly bills during the peak summer period when gardens need water most
- Simple to install into any size garden (where there is a down pipe, There’s the opportunity of installing a water butt)
- Availability of water during times of drought and a hose-pipe prohibit