Buy D400 Ductile Iron Surface Boxes 150mm x 150mm x 100mm – we can also provide double triangular surfaces boxes and surface boxes suitable for different frame depths
The D400 Drain Covers Surface box and Surface Box Covers are manufactured from heavy-duty ductile iron to withstand the highest of pressures in any location. Our surface boxes have been tested for loads withstanding 40 tonnes, so are ideally situated to any location where continual vehicle access is required.
Our hardwearing surface box drains and covers will have no problem withstanding traffic including any commercial and domestic vehicles, including lorries, vans, cars and more. This makes surface boxes ideal for carriageways, hard shoulders, pedestrian areas, and vehicle and public thoroughfares.
Our surface boxes are provide a clear opening. We can provide surface boxes and manhole covers that offer a double triangular cover for road settings – or we can provide three point suspension iron surface boxes with single piece covers.
Designed as an efficient and easily removed cover, these surface boxes create a clear opening and simple access point at your required location.
Surface boxes Installation guide
- First, ensure that the structure opening is the same dimensions as the cover or grate opening. Be sure that the installation surface is clean and free from debris before initiating the process. Check all site conditions and surrounding areas are suitable for the installation of your surface box.
- Apply the blending material to the support immediately after blending. This needs to be 5mm higher than the bedding depth and needs to cover the full width of the supporting structure that surrounds surface boxes.
- Once the bedding mix has been applied to the framework of the cover, the surface boxes frame must then be placed onto the bedding. This is to ensure that all framework webs are supported by the supporting structure. Take special care to fill all gaps, voids or spaces underneath the frame. Carefully tamp the frame down to the required depth.
- Fill all holes in the bed with infill material. Be sure to cover all framework flanges with at least 10mm of the same material. Thicker coverage is fine, as long as there’s enough room left available for the correct positioning of the surface layers.
- Once you have made sure that the bedding material has achieved its full compressive and tensile strength, the cover or grate may be set in position. This should be carried out using appropriate tools, apparatus or lifting keys.
DU077 D400 Ductile Iron Surface Box
|Clearing Opening: 150mm x 150mm||Loading: D400|
|Depth: 100mm||Base Size: 240mmx240mm|
|Product Type: Manhole cover / Surface boxes||Product Code:|
|Material: Ductile Iron||Certification: Kitemark|
|Finish: Black Coated||Standard: BS EN 124-2:2015|