More Information on 115mm Victorian Ogee Cast Iron Guttering:
EasyMerchant keep in stock a variety of Victorian Ogee BS 8530:2010 traditional design 115mm victorian ogee guttering fittings, gutter and down pipes. With the advantages of durability and reduced maintenance. Manufactured to first British Standard cast iron measurements.
Ideally suited to conventional craft based contracts, where required, providing close replication of historic styles. Apex Heritage cast iron down pipes are available from stock and are complemented by a wide range of decorative hopper heads, fittings and accessories. Wrought iron, as a construction material, has been in existence for a lengthy time, and advancements in technology have ensured that today's products are fully attuned to contemporary construction requirements.
You have to obey the law surrounding the change of buildings, when a house is listed. This is a very important factor to keep in mind. If you own a building of historic interest, you're expected to get listed building consent from your local planning authority if you want to change or modify it in any way. These laws are in place so as to maintain longevity and the character of those buildings that are older. Plastic guttering is not an alternative for these properties. If the building was originally fitted with Cast Iron Guttering, then it may be a good idea to check first before replacing with another system.
Older Property and want to Complete the Look?
If your house is a period property, but not a listed one, then installing a cast iron rainwater system will still look a lot more authentic. We tend to connect them with older, period properties, when we think of cast iron gutters. They can also be painted in any desired colour. Although the most common colours are grey, white or black guttering.
- The crystalline structure of cast iron gives the material high strength and robustness. Once installed, cast iron elements resist impact damage in exposed areas, such as shopping centres, carp arks and schools.
- Inherent corrosion resistance combined with a primed together with a painted finish ensures cast iron parts will need minimal maintenance throughout the duration of the rainwater installation.
- Complies with BS 460:1964 Cast Iron Rainwater Goods
- Selection of round, square and rectangular pipes
- Pre-finished cast iron May cut costs by 30 Percent and Setup time by 60 Percent
- Extremely strong, durable and vandal resistant
- Dimensionally accurate and Steady
- Life expectancy in excess of 40 years
- Cast iron is 100% recyclable
The Benefits at a Glance
- Corrosion resistant when a protective coat is applied
- Durable and strong
- Impact resistant
- Fully recyclable
- A factory finished range, replicating traditional designs
- Installation & Fixing
- Minimal maintenance requirements