More Information on 115mm Cast Iron Guttering:
EasyMerchant keep in stock a full range of 115mm (4" inch) half round cast iron guttering manufactured by Alumasc.
Ideally suited to conventional craft based contracts, where required, providing close replication of historic styles. Apex Heritage cast iron downpipes are available from stock and are complemented by a wide range of decorative hopper heads, fittings and accessories. Wrought iron, as a construction material, has been in existence for a lengthy time, and advancements in technology have ensured that today's products are fully attuned to contemporary construction requirements.
You have to comply with the law surrounding the change of listed buildings, when a property is listed. This is a really important factor. Should you own a building of historical interest, you are expected to get listed building consent if you want to change or modify it at all. These laws are in place so as to preserve both the character and longevity of those buildings. If the building had Cast Iron Guttering installed on it, then it may not be a good idea to replace with any alternative. So make sure to check first.
Old Property and want to Complete the Look?
Even if your house is a period property, but not listed, installing a cast iron guttering system will definitely look far more authentic. When we think of cast iron gutters, we tend to connect them with older properties.
- The crystalline construction of cast iron provides the substance high durability and robustness. Once installed, cast iron elements resist impact damage in vulnerable areas, such as shopping centres, car parks and colleges.
- Inherent corrosion resistance combined with a primed together with a painted finish guarantees cast iron components will need minimal upkeep throughout the whole period of the rainwater installation.
- Complies with BS 460:1964 Cast Iron Rainwater Goods
- Selection of round, square and rectangular pipes
- Pre-finished cast iron May cut costs by 30 Percent and Setup time by 60 Percent
- Extremely strong, durable and vandal resistant
- Dimensionally accurate and Steady
- Life expectancy in excess of 40 years
- Cast iron is 100% recyclable
The Benefits at a Glance
- Corrosion resistant when a protective coat is applied
- Durable and strong
- Impact resistant
- Fully recyclable
- A factory finished range, replicating traditional designs
- Installation & Fixing
- Minimal maintenance requirements