More Information on the 115mm cast iron guttering components we have available here at EasyMerchant:
At EasyMerchant, we keep in stock a full range of 115mm (4" inch) half round cast iron gutters.
Today, seeing a cast iron gutter isn't as common as it was 50+ years ago, but the benefits of using it remain. It's a super long lasting product that has a lift expectancy of over 40 years (often much longer) when installed and maintained correctly. The only downside is that cast iron gutters will need to be repainted every once in a while. Obviously though, this is far cheaper than replacing them with new guttering!
Are you working on a listed house? If so, make sure you're fully informed
When a property or parts of it are listed, you have to make sure your plans for the gutter comply with the law surrounding the change of listed buildings. This is a really important factor and can protect you from legal repercussions. Should you own a building of historical interest, you are expected to get listed building consent if you want to change or modify it at all. These laws are in place so as to preserve both the character and longevity of those buildings. If the building had Cast Iron Guttering installed on it, then it may not be a good idea to replace with any alternative systems. So make sure to check first - even if you're just adjusting a system's fixings/accessories.
Do you have an old property and want cast iron guttering to complete the look?
Even if your house is a period property, but does not have an conservation status, installing a cast iron guttering system will definitely look far more authentic than a modern plastic system. When we think of cast iron gutters, we tend to connect them with older properties - and many use bright, vibrant colours to add a splash of colour to older homes. Our cast iron gutters come ready to be painted. Most commonly they're painted black, white or grey guttering - but as long as you're staying within what's allowed by the local authority, you've got a huge range of options when it comes to painting or coating your cast iron gutter.
- The crystalline construction of cast iron provides the substance high durability and robustness. Once installed, cast iron elements resist impact damage in vulnerable areas, such as shopping centres, car parks and colleges.
- Inherent corrosion resistance combined with a primed together with a painted finish guarantees cast iron components will need minimal upkeep throughout the whole period of the rainwater installation.
- Complies with BS 460:1964 Cast Iron Rainwater Goods
- Selection of round, square and rectangular pipes
- Pre-finished cast iron May cut costs by 30 Percent and Setup time by 60 Percent
- Extremely strong, durable and vandal resistant
- Dimensionally accurate and Steady
- Life expectancy in excess of 40 years
- Cast iron is 100% recyclable
The Benefits at a Glance
- Corrosion resistant when a protective coat is applied
- Durable and strong
- Impact resistant
- Fully recyclable
- A factory finished range, replicating traditional designs
- Installation & Fixing
- Minimal maintenance requirements