Buy Cast Iron Rainwater Downpipes Online
These sturdy and strong cast iron made downpipes are ideally suited to traditional cast iron guttering installations using classic materials. If a particular style or appearance is required, whether that’s to retain a traditional build feel or because of planning permission requirements, our cast iron downpipes conform to every eventuality. They’re the perfect match for your cast iron gutters and other fixing accessories and fittings. We hold a full range of cast iron guttering components, and the levels of stock to satisfy the largest of projects. Take a look through our cast iron gutter supplies, and if there’s anything you can’t find, give our team a call. They’ll be happy to help you fulfil every last part of your order.
Benefits of Cast Iron Downpipes:
- Cast iron rainwater systems are fireproof: Half round cast iron guttering is non-combustible. That means, in the unwanted event of a fire, your downpipe of cast iron gutters won’t burn, contributing to rust and trickle part of toxic fumes. Nor will it add to burning elements of the fire.
Building regulations do not require fire collars to be fitted to cast iron systems that are 100mm.
- Cast iron rainwater systems require minimal maintenance: Cast iron is a material that once fitted, requires very little maintenance. In concealed pipework situations, this becomes a great advantage. In most cases, all that is required is the upkeep of the finished paintwork.
- Cast iron rainwater systems are long-lasting: Cast Iron pipe is incredibly strong. This makes it a fabulous material for downpipes as they will have a truly lengthy lifespan.
- Cast iron rainwater set-ups are environmentally-friendly: Cast iron provides an environmentally sound solution as this metal is easily recycled. You can be confident that you’re making an eco-conscious choice as when the time eventually arrives when you have to replace them (but don’t hold your breath – this could be beyond your lifetime!), most centres will happily recycle them for you.
- Cast iron rainwater systems are weather-proof: A correctly installed cast iron downpipe offers a level of strength and stability to depend on. They will continue to perform as normal in high winds and the heaviest of storms.
- Cast iron rainwater systems can be cheaper in the long term: Despite being a higher outlay in the first instance, cast iron will still provide excellent value over time. Because it requires so little maintenance and its lifespan is so long, you may stand to save money over time.