Purcahse a Maincor Large Control Pack at EasyMerchant
The Maincor Large Control Pack. The Control Pack CP250 is a pre-assembled water blending and pumping unit that is designed to be joined, via ball valves, to the UFH manifold. The package is suitable for use with even a maximum output of 20kW or ground areas of up to 250m2. It is good practice to match a 2 port motorised zone valve to manifold to the principal flow and one will be typically supplied by Maincor. We recommend fitting an automatic skip (supplied by others) on the main flow before the 2 port motorised zone valve.
- Blending valve and ‘A’ rated energy efficient pump.
- Ideal for large area UFH systems.
- Supplied complete with high quality actuator.
- Left-hand and right-hand configurations available.
- Temperature controller complete with sensor.
- Quick and easy to set up – saving time on site.
Large Control Pack (CP250) – Installation:
Pull off the black dial out of the valve spindle to get ready for the fitting of the actuator, so that you can see the black actuator mounting ring (notice; this shouldn’t be removed as it is necessary to guarantee the valve stem retaining ring is stored in position).
The actuator is provided in mid position and can be factory ready to be fitted onto the blending valve (fig 2). A white hexagonal drive coupling is included to permit the actuator to lock on the valve spindle.
On one side of the drive coupling, there is a deep groove that needs to be aligned with the shoe, in the mid position between 3 and 6 o’clock
The actuator can be mounted in almost any of four 90deg positions. Pull the manual override dial off the actuator (fig 4), fit the actuator onto the valve over the drive coupling, and secure through the centre of the actuator using the provided retaining screw (take care not to over tighten as this can start to rotate the valve). Replace the guide override dial making sure its fully participated.
There should be no visual red between the dial and the actuator. If there is 5mm of revealing between the dial and the actuator then it is in manual mode and needs to be moved left or right so It can fully engage.
Mounting the Sensor
The detector that’s pre-fitted to the actuator, is to be mounted On the stream (top bar) and fastened with the Tape provided with the device. The actuator is factory configured and set for the correct Orientation actuator settings will vary These parameters must be set at setup. Power should be applied to the unit with the included power supply.
Setup – Pump
The pump comes with a flying lead with live (brown), neutral (blue) and earth cables (green/yellow). Typically where a relay is placed which will control the functioning of the pump, these should be connected to the wiring centre. The pump Ought to Be set to the”constant differential pressure mode” (via the red dial) for underfloor heating systems:
There are a range temperature requirement. The floor construction and pipe centres affect the temperature necessity. When a building is coated to comply with Building Regulations and pipes are put at 200mm centres screed floor, the flow temperatures ought to be set between 40-45oC. Where a floating or suspended flooring is utilised, the Typical configurations are marginally higher. Please Get in touch with the Maincor office for additional details if required.
1) Establish the Upper Limit – This is the maximum limit the set Point (mixed flow) can be put to and ought to be used to Shield floors against overheat Press and hold down the thumb wheel for 5 minutes. The Upwards arrow will flash to indicate you’re in the Limit settings. There should be a little spanner icon To indicate set up style. The temperature will flash and the upward arrow. Use the thumb wheel to scroll left and right to set the Mandatory upper limit (note, this is expected to be a minimum of 10oC above the set point). Press the thumb wheel in so that the arrow is again flashing.
2) Set the Lower Limit – This is the minimum temperature that the set point can be adjusted to and can be used to protect sensitive equipment. You should have the upper arrow flashing. Turn the thumb wheel to the left. You should now have the down arrow flashing. (Again there should be a small spanner icon to
indicate set up mode). Press the thumb wheel. The temperature will now flash and the down arrow will constantly be on. Use the thumb wheel to scroll left and right to set the required lower limit (10oC below the set point). Leave the unit for approx. 20 seconds and it will revert back to showing the temperature that the sensor is currently reading.
3) Establish the Compulsory Flow Temperature — This MUST be within The range from placing the upper you’ve specified above And lower limits. Press on the thumb wheel. You need to see the Temperature flashing along with a spanner icon to indicate Set style up. Use the thumb wheel to scroll right and left to set the Required Parameters set through stage 2 & 1. Leave the unit for approx. 20 minutes and it will revert To showing the temperature that the sensor is back Presently reading.