Buy Polypipe Polystorm R (PSM1A) Soakaway Crate / Attenuation Cell Online at an Amazing Low Price From Easymerchant
Polystorm-R is designed to offer a solution in issues of surface water attenuation, surface water retention or surface water infiltration. Creating an underground tank of attenuation crates provides an ideal soakaway at different depths and in high traffic areas.
Polystorm crates have a 61-ton compressive strength. They are made of over 90% recycled material content and are one of the best rainwater soakaway crates available in the UK today.
Polypipe Polystorm has become ‘the’ brand name for soakaway crates – just as “Hoover” once was for a vacuum cleaner. They’re strong, lightweight and are tried and tested to offer a safe and secure surface water management solution. They are quick and easy to install, which means reduced labour time on site.
How to install Polystorm soakaway?
Please refer to the manufacturer’s instructions when you need full installation information on ‘How to fit Polystorm soakaway’.
Our team of experts will be able to supply you with everything you need to know, as well as holding all the correct equipment and components for a successful installation.
You should follow the strict guidelines that describe how the process should be followed, including:
- Flotation issues
- Excavation and ground preparation
- Handling and installation of Polystorm cells
- Connecting the cells, using clip and shear connectors
- Connection to drainage pipes
- Ventilation connection and installation
- Lateral and cover backfilling
How many Polystorm crates do I need?
Each crate is designed to hold 0.2m3 of water storage. Depending on your drainage project, you need to calculate the amount of expected drainage water that will be reintroduced to the water table.
As a general rule, 1m3 of water storage is sufficient for a 50sqm area, but this will depend on the ground conditions and a lot of other factors. A drainage engineer i usually required to calculate this.
- Made from specially selected and controlled recycled PVC materials
- Environmentally friendly, sustainable surface water drainage option
- Compressive strength 61 tonnes/m2 – Can be used in high traffic areas.
- Perfect for retention, attenuation or soakaway applications/schemes With a Suitable geomembrane or geotextile
- BBA Accepted
- Can be used as part of an intelligently engineered hybrid ground drainage system with Polystorm, Polystorm Lite and Polystorm Xtra
- Integrated inlet and outlets for water capture
- Modular 3D flow design throughout the construction
- 95% void ratio
- 60 years life expectancy