Buy Black Woven Geotextile Membrane – Made For Driveways In Custom Sizes
Lotrak® Base is a geotextile membrane created from woven polypropylene. One of its key uses is as a basic separator fabric, and has become widely popular in civil engineering applications. It makes an ideal heavy duty driveway fabric.
Lotrak® Base is often installed at the base of major highway schemes and large paved areas, including town centre pedestrian areas and car parks.
- Prevents the loss of construction aggregates into the underlying soil
- Demonstrates heavy duty high tensile strength and CBR properties to offer an element of protection
- As a lightweight separator, Lotrak can help reduce the carbon footprint of a project, making it an efficient and cost effective solution
- Proven separator performance
- Superior strength and resistance
- High mechanical strength
- Good puncture resistance
- Reduced stone requirements
Your driveway area should be rolled or levelled to provide a uniform surface where this non-woven geotextile fabric will be laid. Roll out the driveway fabric avoiding wrinkling but allowing it to follow the contours of the ground. Where wrinkles appear, it shows that the driveway fabric isn’t taught enough to provide the best protection. You can hold the membrane in place, suitably tensioned, with weights or heavy duty bags of sand (or equivalent).
Lay the geotextile along the direction of the travel of the driveway, overlapping the fabric where the length or width isn’t enough from a single pass.
Do not drive directly over the geotextile fabric. The fill material should be tipped on from one end and be blade levelled over the complete area. You should have at least 300mm of fill on top of the fabric before any vehicle levelling takes place.