Buy D400 Double Triangular Cover & Frame Online at EasyMerchant
The D400 manhole covers feature the popular double triangle construction, this hardwearing and robust manhole cover comes in an attractive black coating. Each D400 manhole cover is supplied with its own frame and offers a simple, straightforward installation process.
These manhole covers are tested to perform under loads of 40 tonnes, this is a strong and efficient access cover, capable of withstanding continual traffic where cars, vans, lorries and heavy goods vehicles are in operation. This includes all carriageways, roads, hard shoulders and heavy traffic road systems requiring manhole covers of the appropriate build.
These manhole covers conform to British Standards EN124. It is reliable and sturdy and the double triangular design offers a clear opening to grant easy access to drain chambers and sewer points.
The D400 manhole covers range has been shown to outperform the competition in testing; offering security and performance features that stand head above many of their rivals.
Each cover can be manufactured to a client’s demands and specific requirements. Such a well-presented, designed and manufactured product will only add to the savings and performance of the overall installation. Where safety is paramount, the covers are provided to be childproof and are secured by 2 or 4 screws. Where additional safety is a concern, tamper-proof screws are available on request.
- First, ensure that the structure opening point is the same size as the cover opening point. Before starting the installation, be sure to clean the installation area of any dirt and debris that could contaminate the process.
- Immediately after blending, apply the bedding material to the supporting structure. This needs to have a minimum frame depth of 5mm and be spread across the full width of the supporting structure.
- Once the bedding material has been applied to the framework, it should be lowered into place. Put the framework on top of the bedding making sure that all parts of the frame are supported.
- Be sure to fill all gaps, voids and spaces beneath the frame. Tamp the framework down into the bedding until it is completely level, leaving the appropriate depth for the cover to sit in place correctly.
- Put the cover in place using the proper machinery or tooling. The correct tools or lifting keys must be utilised for the best location. Never fit the cover until you are sure that the correct tensile strength has been reached by the bedding material.