Buy a Roll of Damp Proof Membrane (DPM) Here
Available in 3000mu 4m x 25m rolls.
This Damp proof Membrane (DPM) is a heavy-duty waterproofing membrane made from polythene and is used for creating a waterproof layer under various types of floorings in the construction of buildings. These types of membranes are durable, flexible, and easy to install! They protect the flooring from damage that can be caused by water and moisture and prevents the build up of fungi and mold.
- Make sure to clean all surfaces and clear any grease mortar or debris.
- Jointing with Damp Proof Course, top hats, cavity tray, and membranes should be done in warm ambient temperatures. do not attempt to join at temperatures below 5 degrees C.
- Apply plenty of pressure to the area being joined with membrane double-sided tape.
- Ensure that the membrane is protected with a screed or protection board if the installation is to be topped with steel reinforcement.
- Avoid walking or traveling over the unprotected membrane. Only install the membrane just before laying down the screed.
- Ensure sufficient screed is laid to protect the membrane. The screed should be laid at 55mm thick across all areas of the membrane.
Waste pipe openings in installation
Openings for pipes such as water, gas, wastewater etc. must be damp proof and air-tight. This can be done using Top Hats which should be used for all pipe openings. you will need the following items to ensure a clean water tight and air-tight aperture –
- Rigid preformed pipe sleeve (top hat) unit
– available for either 110mm, 135mm or
160mm external diameter pipes.
- Flexible preformed pipe sleeve (Top Hat)
unit – supplied to suit pipe external diameter
- Double sided jointing tape.
- Girth lap tape.
- Foil lap tape – for gas applications.
- Most commonly used membrane in UK building industry
- Proven in projects around the UK and Europe
- Manufactured from high quality 100% recycled polythene
- Environmentally friendly
- BBA (British Board of Agrément) certification
- Detailed technical information available
- Convenient multi-fold format option for easy storage and handling.
- Uniquely labelled and registered for complete traceability
- Full range of accessories including Single/Double sided tape, top hats, preformed corners and many more
- Manufactured to ISO 9001 and ISO 14001
- BS EN 13967; 2012