Order a 110mm Underground Drainage Oval Rodding Eye
If you need to install a rodding eye as part of your underground drainage system, then EasyMerchant has everything you need.
What is a rodding eye?
A rodding eye is an access pipe with a removable cover. The access pipe is usually vertical with a curved junction where it enters the drain or 110mm sewer system below ground. The ‘eye’ itself is covered with an oval-shaped cover. When removed it allows access to any blockages to be cleared by passing a cleaning rod through it.
Blockages can be caused by a variety of issues. Debris can build up by litter or leaves access through larger drain entries, or natural deposits to build up over time.
Either way, having access at ground level to underground pipes creates a huge advantage to keeping a clean and clear set of drainage pipes and sewer lines.
Rodding Eye components are readily available in plastic, stainless steel and aluminium. This option, supplied by EasyMerchant, is galvanised to offer a strong resilient build with additional protection from water and the elements.
The access cover is fixed in place with 2 simple screws, making access easy for anyone called to clear the blockage in question.
Installing a Rodding Eye
- Prepare all components before installation. Double check all items compatibility and perform a trial assembly before commencing the build.
- Be sure that you have the correct distance to the finished floor level for the completed assembly and premium fit. The rodding eye should sit flush with the floor.
- Connect the body to the pipework. You may need a connector or adapter depending on your pipework.
- When using a membrane, be sure to follow the manufacturers’ instructions ensuring it doesn’t restrict the outlet.
- Install the rodding eye, and finish the floor or surrounding area.
The spigot of our galvanised rodding eye should fit neatly into the socket of any of our drainage pipe fittings and British Standard certified products of the same Kitemark.