Galvanised Drainage Channel x1m
For domestic use, with an A15 rating.
Channel drains are a tidy discreet and neat drainage solution which are also known as Aco drains or Linear drains.
Flexseal Galvanised Channel drain is a unique and easy to install surface water channel drainage system for any situation. It provides a long-term and complete solution for the collection and dispersal of surface water, as an alternative to the plastic drainage channel system, with results that are exceptional.
Fernco Storm Drain Plus can be used in and around any domestic area where surface water collects including:
- Patios and conservatories
- Swimming pools
- Sports courts
- Retaining walls
- The flexibility of 3 x 110mm outlets on the underside
- Quality aesthetics
- The Security of a heelguard grate
- Cross-braced Layout prevents Drifting
Brief Installation Guide for Channel Drain
- Dig a trench deep and wide enough for compacted sand of at least 20mm at the base and concrete backfill of 100mm either side of your channel
- Using a string to mark your finishing height for the grate, ensure that you keep this 2mm lower than the surface level and allow a 5mm fall for every section of channel drain.
- Where your channel meets the drain, your lowest point, use full lengths of channel to start your run. Keep any lengths that will need to be cut at the highest point.
- Once your first section is in place, the following sections will join using connection slots on each end of the channel. Installing the channel with the grate in place will ensure height accuracy.
- Fit your end cap to your end section prior to installing at the highest point.
- Use a silicone sealant in the connection slots between lengths of channel drainage to safeguard against leaks.
- Using additional end caps or a channel drainage bottom moulding, connect your channel to your 110mm underground drainage.
- Prior to pouring your concrete to 2mm above the grate section, protect your grate using a heavy duty masking tape, as the grate is usually removable for ease of cleaning etc you do not want to secure this with concrete. Pour your concrete and leave to set for at least 72 hours prior to applying any load to the area.
|Material:||Polypropylene and Galvanised Steel|
|Product:||Galvanised Channel Drainage|
|Recyclable?||Recycled and Recyclable|
|Flow Capacity||Up to 4.5 l/s|
|Temperature Range||Operating up to 80°c|
|Standards||BS EN 1433 – Load Class A15|
Please see Downloads for Product Data Sheet