Buy 110mm Gully Traps Online at Low Prices at EasyMerchant
These 110mm Gully traps are also known as drainage traps or underground traps. They have a single socket with a captive pre-lubricated ring seal to attach to the 4 inch drainage pipe. It is a part of the pipe network that receives the wastewater from your home before it is passed into the main wastewater network. They are designed to retain some of the water to act as a trap or a water seal. This seal prevents any ingress of foul air from the sewers from entering your home.
Installation should be carried out at the top end of the drainage pipe. The drainage pipe will typically lead the wastewater into a soakaway, sewerage line or mains drainage system. The trap should be embedded in a concrete foundation and housed in a brick chamber. This chamber should have an air and watertight cover.
They are British Standard kitemark certified to BS-EN1401 and with that, they integrate seamlessly with any underground drainage component used in an existing or new installation that uses the same industry standard.
Generally, these traps are self-cleaning, utilising the flow of the water to rinse out any problem odours or debris.
- To clear a trap blockage you will first need to gain access to it. Remove the cover and check first for obvious signs of build-up and debris.
- You should be able to access the trap by hand in most circumstances. Wearing protective gloves, fish out any build-up or blockages that are impeding the proper function.
- For difficult to access traps, drain rods are flexible rods that are used for feeding into pipes and drains to remove blockages. Rods can be fastened together to gain deeper access deep into pipes, to free up deep obstructions in the system.
- Using small, careful pushes, try and break the blockage into smaller pieces. When trying to clear blockages deep into drainage systems, it’s easier to absorb smaller sections of debris, but if you simply push the mass further down the pipe, you’re only making matters harder to resolve.
- Alternatively, you can try pouring hot water into the gully to break down the blockage, or rinse it with a hosepipe or high-pressure washer.
|110mm Gully Trap
|BS4660..2000, BS EN 1401-1